A Project For Education 3040-34

A Project for Education 3040- 34

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thing #12

I love Google!  There are so many things that you can do with it.  I personally use Google Translate for my Spanish classes.  However, I don't use it to translate every sentence.  That's BAD!!!  I use it to figure out words, which is much faster than a dictionary, and to figure out short phrases or sayings.  When I teach, there is a very good possibility that I will have a Spanish speaking ELL student.  They may not yet know all the English to carry on a conversation, so I could use the translator to help me put directions into Spanish.  The other application that I chose was Picassa and the best part is it's free!  It gives you an incredible selection of choices for fixing an image.  I used it to tweak a picture I took of my dog.  I is a little confusing to use, but it is nothing that a little time can't fix.  As a prospective art teacher, I could used this if there happens to be money issues and I cannot afford to buy photoshop. However, it is a little simpler than Photoshop, so I would be able to use it with middleschool students in a photography project.

No comments:

Post a Comment