A Project For Education 3040-34

A Project for Education 3040- 34

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thing #11

Google Blog Search and Technorati are so far my favorite search sites for blogs.  I like that google gave you a brief description of the site before you clicked on it.  Technorati caught my eye because of its easy to spot groups at the top of the page.  All that you need to do is click one broad topic and then you start refining your search.  I also found it amusing that they had a special tab for women and not for men.  I did not like how Topix would boot you off their site once you typed something in the search box.
Using Technorati, I stumbled across a "green" site called Clean Technia which deals with topics on how to live a green life to the newest technological advances in green energy.  Personallly, I am starting to get into the "green culture" and I feel that sustainable practices should be passed on to children.  I found this site a nice surprise.  I did find another search site for blogs called simply Blog Search Engine.  Although, after looking around, I found the layout annoying.  They do have a seach bar, but it sends you to google.  So, might as well just start there.  I think the better search sites I've seen are Google and Technorati.

No comments:

Post a Comment