A Project For Education 3040-34

A Project for Education 3040- 34

Monday, December 5, 2011

Thing # 23 :D

    From what I know, APSU's 23 things is based on the idea of http://www.43things.com/.  I believe that another university started the educational 23things and APSU tweaked it.  Although I am not positive.
   
    Teaching students about creative commons and copyright is espically important in today's society.  As an art teacher, it is very important that students know about copyrighting.  I have visited some classes where students simply find a work they like on the internet, print it, and copy it.  Firstly, students need to know if they can use this image (has CC) or they need to contact the maker of the image. And secondly, they is NOT creativity and only shows me that they can copy someones work.  I believe that is alright to be inspired by a piece as long as it does not look exactly like someone else's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment